EASTERN HUB GEELONG VENUE HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
In this document unless expressed or implied to the contrary:
Event Date means the event date specified, and if more than one date is specified, all of those dates.
Casual Bookings means bookings of the Venue made for events or functions which will not occur on a regular basis.
Venue Manager means the manager of Eastern Hub Geelong appointed by Karingal Inc (Vic) Limited Liability.
Hirer means the hirer specified, and where consistent with the context includes the Hirer’s employees, agents, invitees and persons the Hirer allows in the Venue.
Hiring Fee means the hiring fee for the Venue to be specified by Eastern Hub Geelong.
Karingal St Laurence Ltd (Vic) Limited Liability Reg Assoc A0038261E ARBN 158 375 903 ABN 97 468 305 401 is the owner/manager of the Venue, Eastern Hub Geelong, 285A McKillop Street, East Geelong.
Regular Bookings means bookings of the Venue made for events or functions which will occur on a regular basis, e.g. daily, weekly, or monthly.
Venue means Eastern Hub Geelong, 285A McKillop Street, East Geelong.
Animals are not permitted in the Venue unless the animal is a registered assistance animal. E.g. guide dog, assistance dog.
- A booking will be confirmed when the Terms & Conditions form is signed and returned to the Venue Manager.
- Bookings are invoiced post event, at the end of each month unless other arrangements have been made with the venue manager.
- The Hirer shall only be entitled to use the particular part or parts of the venue allocated by Venue Management for the booking.
- Eastern Hub Geelong reserves the right to concurrently hire out any other portion of the venue for any other purpose or purposes to any other person, group or entity at the same time.
Use of the Venue after agreed booking time
- All Hirers are required to comply with the agreed start and finish times. Hirers not adhering to this condition may be charged for additional use at an amount up to the full hour of their hire rate category (Standard, NFP or Community).
- The Hirer must ensure that the venue is vacated in a quiet and orderly fashion with minimal noise and unruly behaviour in consideration of nearby residents.
Are as per the current Fees & Charges schedule
Cancellation of booking
Where the booking is cancelled by the Hirer, Eastern Hub Geelong shall return the any pre-arranged payment or Hiring Fee paid as follows:
- Where notification of cancellation is received by the Venue Manager at least one (1) calendar month prior to the Event date any payment made shall be refunded.
- Where notification of cancellation is received by the Venue Manager less than one (1) calendar month, but more than two (2) weeks prior to the Event date, one half of any payment made shall be refunded.
- Where notification of cancellation is received two (2) weeks or less before the Event date, no monies shall be refunded.
If any bookings are cancelled by Eastern Hub Geelong any rental paid for unused bookings shall be returned in full.
If the allocated space is unused for a period of 2 or more consecutive weeks without notification being given to Venue Management as to the reason for non-use, Eastern Hub Geelong has the right to cancel the booking without notice.
Alteration of Booking Times/Days/Rooms
Hirers wishing to alter their booking arrangements must contact Eastern Hub’s Venue Manager. The request will be accommodated where possible, however may not be possible due to other hirers and booking allocations.
Hirers wishing to hold an event either during or outside their allocated regular program hours of use (if applicable) will need to contact the Eastern Hub Venue Manager.
Eastern Hub Geelong reserves the right to refuse the use of the Venue for activities including but not limited to:
- Teenage parties
- 18th birthday parties
- 21st birthday parties
- “after parties”
- Parties where the majority of participants are under 25
- Sporting Club functions
- Or for any other activity or function, at the Venue’s absolute discretion.
Any Hirer, user group or person committing a breach of the conditions contained in the Venue Hire Agreement is liable to be refused future access to the Venue.
If the dispute remains unresolved and Eastern Hub Geelong considers that the Hirer has been and continues to be in breach of the Agreement, Eastern Hub Geelong will immediately end this Agreement without notice.
If in the event of any dispute or difference arising as to the interpretation of these conditions,
or of any matter contained therein, the decision of Eastern Hub Geelong shall be final.
CATERING AND KITCHENETTE ACCESS
- Self-serve tea and coffee facilities from the kitchenette may be included in the hire package, however all food on-site must be ordered through Season’s Catering by Karingal.
- Due to liquor license arrangements only Seasons Catering staff are permitted to staff and operate the bar and no external alcohol is permitted onsite.
- Catering attracts a minimum spend depending on the time/ day and scale of the functions requirements. These will range from $300 upwards please contact email@example.com to see what the spend is for your event.
- Catering numbers must be provided to the Seasons Catering contact no later than 3 business days prior to the event.
- The kitchenette must be left in a clean and tidy condition after use including the refrigerator being emptied of all perishables and cleaned out and all benches wiped clean, dishes stacked into the dishwasher or hand-washed, dried and returned to their rightful place and any spills on floor surfaces wiped up. The kitchenette remains a community facility at all times.
- Hirers must leave the Venue in a clean and tidy condition.
- Hirers are responsible for storing any equipment used in the appropriate place.
- At the conclusion of a meeting or function, the Hirer must dispose of all excess rubbish in the bins provided or stacked beside the bin. Any Hirer not observing this request will be charged a cleaning fee on each occasion.
- Floors must be left clear of rubbish.
- Spills are to be swept / mopped as required.
- Chewing gum is not permitted within the Venue.
- If the cleaner is required to do additional cleaning, a fee will on-charged to the Hirer.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
These Conditions of Hire may be altered or extended by the Eastern Hub Geelong at any time.
- Any damage to the Venue or personal damages must be immediately reported to the Venue Manager.
- No notice, sign, advertisement, scenery fittings or decorations of any kind shall be erected in the Venue or attached to the walls, doors or any portion of the Venue without prior consent of the Venue Manager.
- If any damage is incurred to the Venue during the hire date(s) the Venue Manager ’s assessment of damage shall be final, and the Hirer, upon request, shall pay Eastern Hub Geelong the cost of repairing such damage.
- Stage property, appliances or decorating materials brought into the Venue must have the consent of the Venue Manager. These, together with any other appliances or fittings, are to be removed from the Venue at the end of the hirers event.
- At no time should pins, nails, tacks or tape etc. be used on surfaces (exception is made for the use of pins when using the display boards on the cupboard doors)
- Any additional cleaning deemed to be necessary because of decorations will result in the Hirers being charged for additional cleaning costs.
- No flags may be placed around the Venue either internally or externally.
- Any Helium balloons brought into the Venue are required to be weighted and not permitted to float free in the Venue.
The Hirer is obliged to take reasonable steps to ensure that no spitting, obscene or insulting language or disorderly behaviour or damage to property occurs in or to any part of the Venue during the Event date(s).
In an event of any dispute or difference arising as to the interpretation of these conditions, or any matter contained therein, the decision of Karingal Inc.’s Chief Executive Officer shall be final and conclusive.
The Hirer will be issued a copy of Emergency Procedures. These procedures are to be on hand and readily accessible when accessing the Venue.
GRIEVANCES AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If any dispute arises between a Hirer and Eastern Hub Geelong in respect of this Agreement, either party must give written notice of the dispute to the other party. The parties must then take all reasonable steps to resolve the dispute.
The parties acknowledge that the Hiring Fee is inclusive of GST.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Venue is available for bookings during the following times:
Monday – Friday 7am – 10pm
Weekends 8am -10pm
Reception/Venue Management Hours
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
KEYS AND SECURITY
- Temporary security fobs for casual out of hours hire may be issued by the Venue Manager. Details of fobs issued will be recorded in the Key Register. Fobs will be signed out when taken and signed in when returned.
- Approved regular out of hours users can be allocated a security fob to the Venue for which a refundable bond of $75.00 per key (“the Security Bond”) is payable.
- Fobs are to be returned to the Venue Manager at Eastern Hub Geelong, 285A McKillop Street, East Geelong 3219 on the next business day after the Event date or final scheduled booking date.
- Failure to meet this timeline will result in the forfeit of the Security Bond. Further penalties will be incurred if failure to return the key extends to fourteen working days or more, beyond the final scheduled booking date.
- Fobs are to be used only by approved/nominated users on days and times agreed.
- Misuse of fobs could result in users no longer being allowed access to the Venue.
- The Hirer is responsible to pay a fee of $150.00 for additional security, maintenance and key collection call outs should they be required due to the Hirer’s actions. The Hirer is responsible to ensure that all external exits are secured and locked before leaving the Venue.
- Security and access information will only be issued once payment of the Hiring Fee is received.
- An induction to the Venue will be completed by appointment set with the Venue Manager.
All lighting in the venue is sensor activated and therefore all the light switches are to remain on. No variation to the lighting shall take place without prior approval of the Venue Manager.
The maximum number of persons allowed in the Venue varies according to the Venue, room size, use and type of function. Room capacities must not be exceeded.
The Hirer shall ensure that the Venue is not overcrowded and that all emergency exits, passageways and corridors remain free of obstructions.
OPEN FLAME LAMPS & CANDLES
No open flame lamps or candles shall be used in any part of the Venue.
The Hirer shall not produce or permit to be produced at the Venue, any dramatic or musical work in infringement of copyright or performing rights. The Hirer agrees to indemnify the Eastern Hub Geelong against any claim for breach of copyright.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
Eastern Hub Geelong requires that all hirers hold Public Liability Insurance for a minimum cover of $10,000,000 in respect of personal injury and property damage as a result of activities undertaken by hirers.
Hirers that do not have Public Liability Insurance will need to purchase one off cover or regular hirer cover from an Insurance Agency.
Eastern Hub Geelong policies do not cover user groups or hirers. Use of the Venue is at the sole risk of the Hirer and Eastern Hub Geelong shall not in any way be liable for injury, damage or loss incurred or sustained to any person or property by the use of the Venue.
Any extra insurance coverage deemed necessary by Eastern Hub Geelong must be paid for by the Hirer and evidence of the insurance submitted to the Venue Manager.
The Hirer of the Venue shall not knowingly do anything which may invalidate the conditions of any insurance policies held by Eastern Hub Geelong and shall immediately cease any activity which has that effect even if not requested to do so by Eastern Hub Geelong.
The Hirer may vary the arrangement of seats in the Venue provided that they are returned to their original configuration.
The Hirer shall, if instructed by the Venue Manager, arrange for security for their event at the Venue, at the Hirer’s cost.
Eastern Hub Geelong endorses a “smoke free” policy for all indoor areas of the Venue. Smoking inside the Venue is strictly prohibited. Any smokers using the outside area must not smoke within 3 meters from the entrance to the building.
No permanent or semi-permanent structures are to be erected in or on the Venue.
SUB – LETTING
No portion of the Venue hired shall be on-hired, sub licensed, or any booking transferred.
Eastern Hub Geelong and their staff are not liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Hirer, or any person or firm supplying any article to the Hirer.
Any suspected theft should be reported immediately to Eastern Hub Venue Manager.
Eastern Hub Geelong is not responsible for making alternate provisions for utilities should there be any restriction to supply imposed by the provider, e.g. gas or electricity rationing.
Liability of person signing Application Form
Where a person signs the Application Form on behalf of the Hirer, the person signing the
- warrants that he or she is authorised to sign the Application Form on behalf of the Hirer; and
- guarantees that the Hirer will strictly observe and perform its obligations in this Agreement; and
- agrees to ensure that the Hirer pays to Eastern Hub Geelong on demand any money for any loss suffered by Eastern Hub Geelong due to a breach of this Agreement by the Hirer.